The CPSDA “Athlete of the Year” Award recognizes one male and one female collegiate, Olympic, professional or tactical (military, police or fire) athlete whose athletic accomplishments, in the opinion of the sports dietitian, reflect dedication to sports nutrition. The two nominating sports dietitians whose athletes are selected will be recognized at the CPSDA’s Annual Conference Awards Banquet.
CPSDA members can nominate one or more athletes who represent the very best of performance nutrition.
- Used sports nutrition to help overcome a health or performance hurdle.
- Taught you nearly as much as they learned from you.
- Inspired how you deliver sports nutrition to benefit others.
- Impacted the sports nutrition culture of those around them.
- Used sports nutrition as a turning point to meet performance goals.
- Made a simple change (eating breakfast regularly, carrying a water bottle, improving sleep patterns) that resulted in improved performance.
- Used a food-first approach while learning to wisely choose third-party tested dietary supplements.
The nomination period for the 2023 Athlete of Year Award is open through Sunday, February 5, 2023
CPSDA does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.